We are delighted to announce the arrival of a new academic journal Martial Arts Studies:
Martial Arts Studies is a peer reviewed, open access, online, academic journal dedicated to publishing the highest quality academic work on any aspect of martial arts studies. Its aim is to foster the most informed cross-disciplinary discourse on martial arts via the cross-fertilization of perspectives. As such, it encourages interdisciplinarity. The journal publishes both themed and open issues. All contents are subject to peer and editor review. New issues are published every April and October. The first issue of academic articles will be published in October 2015, but other forms of news, announcements and updates will be posted on the site regularly.
The journal is edited by Dr Paul Bowman and Dr Benjamin Judkins. The editorial assistant is Kyle Barrowman. It has a prestigious international Editorial Advisory Panel of renowned academics from around the world, each with expertise in one or more areas of martial arts studies. The members of the Editorial Advisory Panel are:
- Professor Stephen Chan, OBE (SOAS, University of London)
- Professor Meaghan Morris (University of Sydney, and Lingnan, Hong Kong)
- Professor Phillip Zarrilli (Emeritus Professor, Exeter University)
- Professor Meir Shahar (Tel Aviv University)
- Professor Douglas Wile (Alverno College)
- Professor Oleg Benesch (University of York, UK)
- Professor Greg Downey (Macquarie University)
- Professor Douglas Farrer (University of Guam)
- Professor Adam Frank (University of Central Arkansas)
- Professor Thomas A. Green (Texas A&M University)
- Professor T. J. Hinrichs (Cornell)
- Professor Leon Hunt (Brunel University London)
- Professor Felipe P. Jocano Jr (University of the Philippines, Diliman)
- Professor Gina Marchetti (Hong Kong University)
- Professor Daniel Mroz (University of Ottawa)
- Professor Dale Spencer (Carleton University)
For regular updates, you can:
- Follow the journal by registering on the homepage: www.martialartsstudies.org/
- Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/mastudies
- Join the Facebook Group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/234783753324561/
To contact the journal directly, please email: email@example.com
Are you interested in learning more about martial arts studies as an interdisciplinary research field? If so, you might want to start here.
If you are interested in being part of this project see our Call for Papers.
Please help us to spread the news!
Paul Bowman and Benjamin Judkins